Manage an exciting research project and be part of our award-winning team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and self-driven graduate to manage a Management Knowledge Transfer Partnership (mKTP) project.
The University of Manchester and Cirrus part of Accenture are looking to recruit a Research Consultant (mKTP Associate) to undertake this 24-month project.
The aim of the mKTP is to design, test, deliver and evaluate a leadership development framework and a training development programme for leaders and teams, along with the associated management and diagnostic tools.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Research and develop systematic knowledge of agile leadership and team agility
- Embed the knowledge into leadership and team ways of working and practices
- Develop, test, evaluate, and adapt training materials to address client challenges
- Work alongside academics at the University of Manchester and consultants at Cirrus to develop new knowledge
- Present project findings to both academic and industry audiences (e.g., academic conferences, academic journal publications, press releases).
The position will provide the successful candidate with a unique opportunity to:
- Drive thought leadership and knowledge in leadership practices that foster agility and feed these insights into the design of an agile leadership offer for clients of Cirrus
- Influence the development of an agile leadership offer, enabling Cirrus clients to manage their challenges and deliver their strategic objectives
- Develop an evaluation approach and toolkit to be used to measure the effectiveness of the leadership offer in driving agile transformation and change in client organisations
- Manage and lead an academic research project and to apply the results of the knowledge in an applied context
- Work and develop consultancy skills in an internationally leading management consultancy.
- Plan and conduct research on agile working using both qualitative and quantitative approaches (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups) and conduct literature and database research to develop new knowledge in agile leadership
- Plan own day-to-day research activity within the framework of the agreed programme
- Manage the research ethics process
- Analyse, interpret, and present research findings to bodies supervising research
- Contribute to the production of research reports and publications and prepare papers for steering groups and other bodies
- Disseminate outcomes to academic and practitioner audiences through journal articles, practitioner articles, conferences, and workshops
- Continue to update knowledge and develop skills
- Integrate research findings in the development of agile leadership development programme, and apply knowledge in practical and commercial context to benefit clients
- Adapt training and development programmes to new technologies arising from the need to deliver training in a COVID-19-secure way to support on the creation of innovative and robust solutions that provide tangible results for clients
- Support Cirrus client partners in pitch/proposal development when required
- Deal with problems which may affect the achievement of research objectives and deadlines
- Ensuring engagement of staff in development programme
- Present regular updates and feedback on progress to Cirrus and AMBS senior staff
- Commercial/evaluation/testing/working in collaboration with innovation and agile steering groups
- Liaise with research colleagues and support staff on routine matters and relevant information to maintain performance
- Provide guidance as required to support staff and any students who may be assisting with the research
- Actively participate as a member of a research team and attend and contribute to relevant meetings
- Maintain partnership based, sustainable relationships with partners, supervisors and colleagues across Cirrus
- Work effectively as part of the Cirrus team; support project team and faculty to ensure client outcomes
- Build personal/professional capability in Cirrus leadership, talent or engagement services creating case studies, through seeking broad opportunities, writing articles/speaking/blogging etc.
- Adhere to Cirrus internal processes.
Skills and experience:
- Candidates will require a recently obtained Masters (or equivalent) or Doctorate in applied psychology, social, business, or organisational psychology, human resource management, or any other relevant fields
- Experience of team working
- Experience of writing practical reports and/or academic articles
- Experience of designing and conducting a research project
- Experience in project management and administrative duties
- Experience of design of assessment instruments and management training materials
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use productivity (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and analytical software (e.g., NVivo, SPSS)
- Experience of knowledge transfer activities aimed at the policy and practitioner communities
- Experience in blended learning solutions (e.g., digital and virtual learning delivery)
- Experience within a professional, client-focused role
- Strong journal publication record
- Broad commercial understanding – business strategy and operating models
- Experience and/or appreciation of consultancy cycle and services
Starting immediately for a 24-month fixed term.
How to apply
A more detailed role description is available on request from [email protected].
Like the sound of working for Cirrus? Fill out the form below.